Friday, September 15, 2017

Stop Dangerous Sanctuary Cities Act

I send emails and faxes through NumbersUSA, sometimes I get responses.
After a strange start this year, with many "not voting" positions logged, our Senator has been getting good marks from the advocates to stop illegal and reduce legal immigration.
Thank you for contacting my office regarding immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you and am grateful for the opportunity to respond.
First, I would like to apologize for the delay in sending a written response. I have received an unusually high volume of mail in the past few months, and that has delayed my response to you. Please know that your letter was read and your opinion recorded at the time it was received.
Our country is a nation of immigrants, and it is my belief that those who seek to come to this country through lawful channels to share in the pursuit of the American dream should be welcomed. However, I have always drawn a clear distinction between legal and illegal immigration. Illegal immigration places a great strain on our institutions and in turn burdens the American taxpayer. For this reason, I believe immigration reform is one of the most significant domestic issues facing our nation today.
My top priority for reform has always been that we secure our borders from illegal immigration, drug and alien smuggling, and violent activity first and foremost. The defense of our nation begins with securing our borders and ending the opportunity for illegal entry. We are a nation of laws, and it is our duty to uphold and strictly enforce these laws.
Recently, the Trump administration has taken executive action to enforce our immigration laws. On January 25, 2017, President Trump issued an executive order fulfilling a campaign promise to build a large physical barrier along the border with Mexico. It is imperative that we secure our border in a fiscally responsible manner that encompasses appropriate measures for each region, including physical barriers, unmanned aerial vehicles, night time surveillance, and the increased manpower to patrol the border.
I have also opposed the creation of so-called “sanctuary cities”. On January 30, 2017, I co-sponsored S.87, the Stop Dangerous Sanctuary Cities Act. This bill seeks to create financial penalties for these cities that choose not to enforce federal immigration laws and shield illegal immigrants from deportation. These actions undermine the rule of law and are unacceptable. We must work to ensure the immigration laws we set forth are followed by all U.S. jurisdictions.
I will continue working to address this important matter of national security. Restoring credibility to our immigration system and enforcing the rule of law must go hand in hand to preserve the values that make our country so special. Our nation is made stronger by the valuable contributions that legal immigrants bring to our economy and diverse culture, but we must work to ensure that strength is not undermined by unlawful immigration. Rest assured, I will continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate to secure our borders and advocate for immigration policies that strengthen our nation and benefit the people of Georgia.
Thank you again for contacting me. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call upon me.
Sincerely,
Johnny Isakson
United States Senator
This is posted with the knowledge that the Federal government has never stopped placing "legal" immigrants in our neighborhoods without an opportunity on our  part to resist or even protest. Look at what has gone on in Idaho, a business wants the cheap labor, and the local government  is bending over backwards  to make sure rapists are assimilated without discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.