Monday, June 11, 2018

Response to HR 4760 Request

My congressman is such a good Democrat. There are parts of his district that red strongholds and he stopped going into those areas back when the topic of the day was the Affordable Care Act.

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R.4760, the Securing America's Future Act of 2018. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.  
Please be aware, I do not support illegal immigration.  First and foremost, I believe we must stop people from entering this country illegally by sealing off our borders. However, we must have clearly defined rules that are easy to follow. I do support extending the temporary work visa program as certain industries, such as the agriculture, landscaping, restaurant and construction industries, depend on immigrant labor and therefore must retain access to this workforce. Moreover we must also create a policy to address the millions of people who are already here illegally, as simply deporting nearly 12 million people is not a practical solution.  
In your letter, you expressed support for H.R. 4760, the Securing America’s Future Act of 2018. As you may know, H.R. 4760 would amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to revise immigrant visa allocation provisions, including family-related visas, and would also create a nonimmigrant classification for parents of adult U.S. citizens. H.R. 4760 would also authorize the construction of a border wall, as well as mandate E-Verify for businesses. Additionally, H.R. 4760 would restructure the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. In September 2017, President Trump decided to end the DACA program. DACA was an immigration policy that granted eligible individuals, who were brought to this country as minors, the ability to apply for deferred deportation and a work permit for a two-year period. Currently, H.R. 4760 is pending in the House Judiciary Committee. Although I am not a member of this committee, please rest assured that I will keep your views in mind as the debate on immigration policies continues.
Again, I thank you for sharing your views with me. I hope you will continue to give me the benefit of your opinion in the future. In addition, I encourage you to visit my web site at http://davidscott.house.gov, where you can view the latest news and obtain information on issues and legislation that is important to you. You can also sign up for my electronic newsletter, and receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington. Thank you again for contacting me, and I look forward to continuing to serve you. 
Sincerely, 
David Scott 
Member of Congress

The manner in which he jumps to the DACA issue is amusing. It is as if, he is saying that I am against illegal immigration, but this DACA thing make the whole package unpalatable. What the President did was allow a legislation to die because Congress would not pass it. The last President, with the help of the Republican congressional weaklings, was ignore the Constitution. This approach sets things in their proper spheres of responsibility. What's more, children that were brought into the country illegally are Illegal Immigrants. Blame for their situation does not fall on the government, blame belongs to the parents that crossed the border illegally.
In the end, Democrats like illegal immigrants as prospective voters and Republicans like them because they keep competitive low wages in the job market.
I hate politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.