Sunday, January 22, 2017

Maudlin

Merriam-Webster defines the word as: weakly and overly sentimental

At the moment, I would use that word to describe myself. The woman who gave birth to me died yesterday evening. For only one weekend in the last 56 years was she in the same room as I. Undoubtedly her absence explains my persistent need for security.
There was no void though, my father remarried, to a wonderful woman who treated me so well that I did not learn was not my birth mother until I was a teenager.
Knowing what I do, having learned from my new brothers and sisters, this was a bargain that fell in my favor.
It feels wrong, to loose a person I should love, but don't.
My maudlin mood is more about what what we both missed.
Good bye MaryAnn, I wish I knew you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.