Monday, April 15, 2013

1955 Chevrolet BelAir

Since I've started riding a motorcycle, having given up the 1953 3600 Pickup, if I am alone, I like to take pictures of some of the many old cars you see along  southern back roads. On my birthday in mid-March I found a treasure trove of fifties era Chevy sedans. Over the next couple of days I'll add my pictures in separate posts.
A four door 1955 Chevrolet BelAir.  When I was in high school, came within a hair of owning one of these, had had the inner fenders modified to make room for a 427 cubic inch engine. Would have painted that thing black just like the movie American Graffiti.
Bob Falfa, played by Harrison Ford, rolled that sucker.

Here is another view of the same car showing a suggested price and phone number.

 And the back side

Looks like it has been lowered to me.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.