Thursday, August 30, 2018

Not Cool John

Did Sarah Palin really deserve that?: Just the fact that Palin is being excluded from John McCain's funeral says mountains about the bad side of McCain.

During the 2008 primaries, and earlier in the 2000 primaries, I was skeptical of Senator John McCain's political foundation. He seemed to diverge from the Republicans in a manner that was designed to burnish his reputation as a maverick. After all, he was a Keating Five participant and he was a sponsor of the McCain-Feingold legislation that was intended to restrict campaign participation. When John McCain chose Sarah Palin as a running mate, I was encouraged. That was the only positive thing he did in that campaign, soon letting seep out his lack of support. The way that John McCain treated Sarah Palin was despicable and I have never forgiven him for it. For years after the humiliating election loss, which I do not think any Republican could have won, the McCain campaign was sending me requests to help  pay off the campaign debt. At that time I thought that Judas can pound sand, ten years later, he is.

All that grandstanding with Trump, shows what petty men both were.
Remember that McCain started that shit by cutting down voters who support Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.