Friday, February 7, 2014

Nanny State

Here we have one of my Senators basically telling me tough crap after me asking him not to support the proliferation of vehicular data recorders.
Dear  Former Supporter:
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding S.1925, the "Driver Privacy Act." I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.
If enacted, S.1925 would clarify that any data or event recorder that is required by law to be installed in a passenger vehicle is the property of the owner or lessee of that vehicle. This legislation is intended to protect the information recorded as belonging to the owner or lessee of the vehicle and prohibits disclosure of personally identifiable information by the National Transportation and Safety Board (NTSB) or Department of Transportation (DOT) upon retrieval.
As a cosponsor of this legislation, I understand your concerns regarding the unwarranted collection and/or dissemination of personal information pertaining to legally mandated recording devices.
This bill was introduced in the Senate on January 14, 2014, and subsequently referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation for further review. Should S.1925 come before the Senate for consideration, I will be sure to keep your concerns in mind.
If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at:  www.chambliss.senate.gov . Please do not hesitate to let me know if I may ever be of assistance to you.
Legislation designed to protect citizen information, bull shit.  Frankly the only correct answer is that the damnable tracking devices need to be outlawed.  This voter knows that duplicitous elected officials are in fact more loyal to government having omnipotent power. This equipment promotes unwarranted collection and dissemination because it exists.
This crap has nothing to do with safety, therefore it has no personal value to me and the government should not force me to spend money in equipment that infringes on my privacy.
If I had the knowledge to disable the equipment I would do so.
This is the government working constantly to erode the rights of citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.