Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Alexander Shaler NRA Founder


I grew up in Haddam Connecticut, half of my family and best friends family both from the deep south. In poking around the internet found that the founder of the NRA was from my home town.  Having a proud inspiration, went to Wikipedia and found the disturbing truth that he was also a General in the Army of the Invasion.
Historically known to be no picnic, part of his civil war service included POW stays in Georgia and Virginia.
Happy for your inspiration Mr. Shaler, the National Rifle Association is a stalwart defender of the Second Amendment.
Proud to say that for many years my father was the NRA instructor in Haddam, approving teenagers for gun use and hunting permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.