Sunday, November 19, 2006

My ABC's of Thanksgiving

26 reasons for being thankful this year.

A - Angel Fund, for their support of Bruce
B - Benise, a name taken from two, my wife
C - Claude, father, brother and grandfather
D - Dreamland Barbecue, Tuscaloosa Alabama, best ribs, ever
E - Ernest Hemingway, writer of Old Man and the Sea and much more
F - Fried Apple Pies
G - George W. Bush, a president whose actions are guided by his vision of right an wrong
H - Hartwell, the lake, as close to country as I seem to get these days
I - Issie
J - John Irving, writer of A Prayer for Owen Meany and Cider House Rules
K - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
L - Love in my life
M - Morgan, Henry & Beatrix
N - Nieces, fourteen of them
O - Orvold, Marie and family
P - Patricia, Pat, Patty, Mom
Q - Quid pro quo, give and take, compromise, unsaid but needed almost all the time
R - Reggae music, Bob Marley
S - Sausage Gravy Biscuits
T - Tyrus, my son, carrying on the family tradition of odd middle names
U - Underdog, balloon in the Macy Parade
V - The Varsity, whuddya have
W - Will, determination to solve problems
X - Christ
Y - Yellow Jackets, mascot of the school that focused my energy
Z - Zydeco music, Buckwheat, Clifton Chenier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.