Friday, November 2, 2007

asterisk

The ball that was Barry Bond's 756th home run is about to be branded with an asterisk. Marc Ecko, who bought the ball in an online auction from a 21-year-old student ran a website poll for fans to vote on whether or not the ball should be branded with an asterisk. Voting ended in September and it was announced that the ball would be sent to Cooperstown with an asterisk.

The unnaturally enormous ballplayer has vowed to boycott the Hall of Fame if it displays the record-breaking home run ball with an asterisk. The threat includes skipping his potential induction ceremony. Bonds told MSNBC...

"I won't go. I won't be part of it,"

"You can call me, but I won't be there."

"I don't think you can put an asterisk in the game of baseball, and I don't think that the Hall of Fame can accept an asterisk,"

"You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can't do it. There's no such thing as an asterisk in baseball."

In other statements Bonds has called Marc Ecko...
"an idiot."
The Hall of Fame has declined to comment.
  • For having the intelligence to forge a way in which Barry Bonds has to directly answer the public's opinion of his dishonestly, I am naming Marc Ekco one of my Great Americans.
  • For Barry, you still suck. You let your friends go to jail to protect your image. You are no better than Bill Clinton.
  • Mr. Bonds seems to have forgotten some baseball history, Roger Maris's single-season home run record was marked with an asterisk by then commissioner Ford Frick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.