Monday, January 14, 2008

An Old Favorite


Starting during my days at Georgia Tech and up to the time that my son started playing baseball, Moe's and Joe's was one of my favorite watering holes. This is where David Allen Coe and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer carved out their nostalgic place in my heart.
The waiter, Horace, wore a traditional red waiter's waist coat, and served pitchers of "The Finest". An old man then, I am sure that this gentleman has either retired or passed on. For the business's sake the owners might have liked it better if Horace could add.
Located at the intersection of Virginia and Highland, I am dismayed that the crappy little place, Taco Mac, across the intersection has franchised while Moe's and Joe's has remained virtually unchanged. That is probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.