Sunday, January 27, 2008

Valentine's Day Suggestion

Received this email today, pitching a pink iPod as a Valentines Day gift for my significant other.
Yes, nothing says love like a present that requires batteries and has to be put in to be enjoyed.
I do not buy anything electric for my wife unless she specifically asks and points at it. Even then its a risk.
When it comes to Apple products, I have to admit that last Christmas I received a Shuffle and have enjoyed it immensely. But, something about the company and Steve Jobs just makes me want to scream. When the Mcintosh came out it was a good product, ahead of its time really, but because it had a private operating system, there wasn't any decent software to to run on it in business. As an engineer, Apple products were a complete waste of money. Now I have to watch those godamned smug ass Apple commercials on television, with the guy from the last Die Hard movie, posing as intelligent and cool, while the PC fella is some kind of duffous. Well in real life, Steve Jobs you fucking asshole, the PC people were earning money for their businesses. All while the artistic Apple people were making pretty pictures and writing poems for their blue state villagers.
Boy that went left on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.