Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sweet Forgiveness



The best gift that I got this past holiday was a Sharper Image turntable built with a USB output and programming for recording in a computer.

A couple of weeks ago I started to record my favorite 1000+ record albums whose collection I started in the early seventies. There is some disco in there that I will probably not re-record. After the records are digitized I plan to sell the albums in sets by artist on eBay, if nobody bids, in the crapper they go.

Sweet Forgiveness is the first album that I purchased of Bonnie Raitt, released in 1977 it was a good 10 years before this daughter of a another famous musician became well known.


The songs are:

  • Sweet Forgiveness, written by Daniel Moore, the title track and a fine work.
  • Runaway, written by Del Shannon and Max Cook, this is the song that drew me into the blues version of the great 1962 hit by Del Shannon. A fantastic version that has fixed me on Raitt's very personal slide guitar effects, and raspy vocals.
  • About To Make Me Make Me Leave Home, written by Earl Randall. After Runaway a very good song.
  • Three Time Loser, written by Covay and Miller.
  • My Opening Farewell, written by Jackson Browne, yes he of Doctor My Eyes and beating up his girlfriend.
  • Takin' My Time, written by Bill Payne.
  • Home, written by Karla Bonoff.
  • Louise, written by Paul Siebel

The band was made up of Will McFarlane, Jeff Labes, Bonnie Raitt, Dennis Whitted and Freebo.

Notable visiting musicians on the album are JD Souther, better known from the Eagles and Micheal McDonald better known from The Doobie Brothers.

The album was produced by heavyweight Paul A. Rothchild who also produced albums for The Doors and Janis Joplin.

The album is in good condition, still has the plastic wrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.