Friday, April 18, 2008

That Was Too Close For Comfort

Tom Daschle is not interested in the position of Vice President.
Don Jorgengsen of Keoland TV, reports that the former Senate Majority Leader from the state of South Dakota has no interest in becoming Vice President.
Out of office for the last 4 years, Mr. Daschle has endorsed Democratic front runner Barrack Obama and now serves as one of his national campaign co-chairs.

"I think he has the capacity to bring this country together,"
"I think he has more charisma than Bill Clinton and more of the capacity to lead than any president of my lifetime up until the Kennedy's in the 60's."

What is with these democrats, the obsession with comparisons to John F. Kennedy. I'm sure that in Ted's camp Obama is seen as a useful n-word. Don't say I'm wrong, the Irish of Massachusetts are very prejudiced, it's just under the table.

And on being a candidate..

"We have not talked about it and I don't expect we will. Like I say I like the role I got right now and I don't expect to be asked to do anything in particular if Barrack Obama is elected president."
Thank heavens for his moment of clarity.

His endorsement did not please the Clinton camp, but he is not concerned...
"I expect we'll be good friends once this is over, obviously it created a little bit of friction in the relationship and that's understandable given the fact I've known them longer, but this is nothing against Hillary or her husband, it's really my advocacy because I think he'd make the better candidate, the better President."
Maybe Tom isn't concerned, but if Hillary doesn't get the nod, he better start wearing an athletic cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.