Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Madamoiselle Melissa "Missy" Lewis

Our Little girl, was so gentle & sweet. but one thing for sure, she gave unconditionally to us as comfort, love, understanding. And Being our little human like being.

September 11, 2008 was a very sad day for me, for tears gently rolled down off my cheeks, as Missy, laid peacefully in my arms, on my lap to a quiet sleep. no more pain, no more struggles to take a breathe. She glanced at me as her Doctor, gave her the medicine to leave us. She was brave & at last with peace.

Missy was always by our bedside each and every night, no matter what. To go boating, riding in the car/van, Missy was adventurous. Watch dog from hell. and alpha dog of the house.
Missy bossed the "boys" around, that being Sir Groucho & Mervyn. Even us humans too. when to eat, and when to walk. Missy had us on her schedule of life.
In the winter months she would cuddle with you and be the doggy heater under the blanket.
she would nap at your feet, to nap in your seat while driving down the road on long trips.
But where ever you were, Missy never too far, she made our life grand to have her here.

Missy would nap on the boat, until she heard the anchor, and then little Peanut was already in the water and on land, barking at you to throw the ball. She was the best est of all companions could be. She came as a rescue dog, and left this earth as Queen of the house. but she will remain "Queen of our Hearts"... I will always love this lil' dog, the dog that took my heart.
And made me cry so hard that my heart still aches, aches, for her snoring, aches to hear her chewing on her paw, aches to have her boss me around to walk her...but I could go on forever on her and what she meant to us.
Dogs are great, and how they mean so much to us humans...we all can share stories, over a great supper, great conversation, and great wine.

Thank you Mr. John Otis, for allowing me to express my feelings, to which not many get to see.
Nikki Lewis owned by "Missy", Sir Groucho and Mervyn Lewis, the 3 dog house...

1 comment:

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.