Friday, March 6, 2009

Waffle House, Good People, Good Food

Last week in the local newspaper, I was reading a serial column named "The Vent" and found this entry.

"As a widow, I just wish I had someone to go to the Waffle House."
Isn't it interesting that in this column, always full of smart assed quips about George W. or Barack H., was the place this woman wanted to say she was lonely. I'm not lonely but think it would be a nice gesture to eat breakfast with the lady. While the whole world is whining about how the economy is in dire straights, how the government is to blame and how the government needs to save us. People have lost sight of what's real.
People will continue to live, albeit with less shit, this lady hopes for a friend.
Eat soup, drive old cars, save, and always, be compassionate.
Waffle House, good people, good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.