Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fridge Could Care Less

A couple of weeks ago before the Georgia Tech vs. Maryland football game, Glenn Clark, a Baltimore radio host, interviewed former Maryland Head Coach and prior to that former Georgia Tech Offensive Coordinator Ralph Friedgen
Clark: Is it tough for you to watch? Have you sat down and watched any Maryland games or is it tough for you to do that? I know you love the kids, but I also know you're a Maryland alum, and it's got to be a little painful.
Friedgen: Well, it's not painful because I watch it for the kids. I could care less about Maryland. I've burned my diploma. I'm flying a Georgia Tech flag right now.
Clark: [laughing] That's hurtful. I don't want to hear that, Coach. I'm a Maryland alum.
We were very sorry to see Ralph leave Georgia Tech and I would have been happy to see him replace George O'Leary. Like many coaches, Friedgen speaks plainly. There can be little else inferred from the comments, Mr. Friedgen is not happy with the University of Maryland.

Wish we had a place for you Coach.

The comments are largely supportive.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/post/ralph-friedgen-ive-burned-my-diploma-and-is-flying-a-georgia-tech-flag-right-now/2011/09/30/gIQAd61v9K_blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.