Monday, March 5, 2012

It's So Sad

I picked up on this at The Blaze. Commentator Mike Malloy, one of the Sirius XM hosts, suggests that southern storm victims are simply the victim of god's wrath.

Malloy is expressing what I have long experienced, as a northern transplant to who loves south, the regional bigotry that Yankees express toward southerners. Malloy attempting to be humorous at the expense what he considers to be an inferior group.  Tasteless as it is, it does bring to mind a lack of logic in the asshole's comments. 
He clearly stands on the opinion that weather is an expression of events that are scientifically monitored and explained.  He suggests that these people he looks down his nose at, who believe in god, a god he does not believe in, are victims of gods wrath.  Illogical in the sense that worship in no form causes the wrath of the one being worshiped, whether it be god or man.  So, for his personal enjoyment, he satirizes.
Today on the way to work, I noticed one of my co-workers having to go home at the start of the day.  He was having to go home because the wind  storms had torn off the roof of his house, trees were down all over his yard and house and the rain was leaking through the roof causing his ceilings to collapse.  The two houses across the street from him are gone.  I do not know if he goes to church or believes in god, but I know he loves his family and went home to keep his family safe. Such mawking would draw a physical response from the person I know is suffering.
Malloy should be ashamed.  I don't give a rat's ass if he ever apologizes.  I do plan to complain to Sirius XM of which I have been a long time customer.

The Davis Cup is bestowed on assholes of renowned achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.