Thursday, April 5, 2012

2011 Annual Report

You can get screwed by foreigners.


You can get screwed by your goverment agencies.

You can get screwed by the debt your government builds.

You can get screwed by the same folks who did the first time.
Every year I get a about dozen annual reports from the pitiful companies I own stock in. One of these is SunTrust which before 2008 was in the 90$+ price range.  When it dropped I doubled up at 10$ and am sitting at break even.  This is the only report that I read, in part because I am looking for how the government is screwing with my investments.  A couple of years ago there was a statement in the report that said we tried to pay back the TARP money, but they would not take it.  Now the debt is paid off and a whole section of the report is dedicated to describing how government policies might affect the volatility of what I own.

More

2 comments:

  1. It looks like I forgot how to spell annual. But for a twist am reminded of having to use the word "annular" for work.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/annular

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get screwed by the same person more than once, isn't that dating?

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.