Sunday, November 25, 2012

Haircut

A week ago today I went to get cut at the hairdresser my wife uses.  Have been getting my cuts there for the last 16 years, since we've gotten married. The barber/hairdresser does excellent work, far better than the quick franchise type hatchet jobs.
During my wait there was a lady the barber was giving what was a probably permanent.  The two were chatting about the recent election, and about how "interesting" the results were.  The woman's husband is apparently politically involved Democrat and the barber is a gay man. No doubt the hat trick of upper income Democrat politico, woman's rights and gay rights put their concentric circles of political thought on the left.
The discussion went the way that I've been hearing in the liberal media. They parroted that white men are in the minority and better change their attitudes if they want to be heard. By changing their attitudes and approach Republicans might have a better chance of being elected.
Basically the talk was, that Republican men needed to become Democrats if they wanted to be in the winning side of politics.
It may be true that Republicans will not dominate the course of politics for the next few years, I am disappointed with that but have to live with the fact that the majority of Americans feel differently.  It is a small majority, but a majority neverless that because of population trends may become greater.
What really angered me about the discussion was the absence of understanding that there is a very large minority of persons in the United States that believe in conservative values.  The suggestion that conservative values need to be abandoned is embarrassingly naive. If Conservatives, including white Republican men are in the minority so be it, we'll be the loyal minority.  You can rest assured that I will never believe in encroachment on of any of the rights granted in our founding documents (unlike the ACLU mind you), I will never believe in government organized income redistribution and I will never believe in government sponsored racism.  The suggestion that I embrace the ideals of a political party that advocates theft of income, theft of life, theft of hereditary property, and theft of the 2nd Amendment is unimaginable.
Furthermore, suppose I did throw down my Conservative beliefs, do you think that the Democratic party would stop demonizing me?  The answer is NO.  The President ran this last campaign without offering ANY substantive ideas for improving the failed policies of the last four years, every single thing that we saw him offer was the suggestion that Romney was a later day Bush.  I should remind here that the first seven years of the Bush administration were fiscally wonderful in comparison to any of the last four years of the Obanma administration. The Democratic campaign was entirely negative and it worked. Democrats win elections by creating the illusion that they are the most concerned party for the needs of the people.  Despite evidence that decades of governmental social engineering has been a failure.  After the start of the Depression, the NRA, the AAA and like minded government programs have been mathematically been proven to have slowed the recovery of the economy.  Unemployment increased as a result of the programs.  Johnson's Great Society programs have left us with the current conditions Medicare Medicaid eminent failures.  Government sponsored home loan assistance caused the housing bubble that led to the crash on 2007-8.  All of these are Democratic programs at their core, and they all failed.
I will never support any of it.
I'll be demonized whether I do or not, it is a method of political sucess.

Back to the haircut.  On hearing this tripe, I decided, without comment, to wait outside in the cool sunshine.  The barber called me in on my turn, apparently unaware of my opinion, my superior logic or decision never to return.  This hairdresser was paid well for good service over many years, now has one less customer. I will not do business with any person that expects me to become a liberal just for the priviledge of being the whipping boy on the winning team.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.