Monday, June 22, 2020

A Lot of Meaningless Words

NumbersUSA does an excellent job generating opportunities to converse with our representatives in Congress. My representatives include two Republican Senators and a Democrat fills the seat in the House of Representatives. The Senators tend to favor increasing immigration when the chips are down and vote for restriction of immigration when expected effect is minimal. Basically they are full of shit. David Scott on the other hand is a standard Democrat who votes party line on everything relating to immigration. The following is a response to an email sent last week. A little long winded....
Dear Mr. Otis:
Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration and the environment. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.  
Immigration is a leading topic of debate for Americans across the country, including Georgians in my district. We have seen the topic of immigration increase tensions between political parties and dominate mass media.  As a nation, I sincerely hope that we can debate immigration with mutual respect and reach bipartisan solutions to achieve common sense reform.  I strongly believe that we can secure our borders without sacrificing our morals and the humane treatment of migrants, while still providing resources to border security initiatives.  
Please be aware, I do not support illegal immigration. I believe we must stop people from entering this country illegally by improving resources for border personnel and modernizing border security technology. To that end, I support legislation that increases the number of border patrol agents, improves our asylum procedures, and modernizes border technologies such as advanced cameras and high-powered radars. I also support using the National Guard and other military personnel, to help with border security.
Some Americans expressed concern about the impact of immigration on the environment. Please know that I am aware of the changing environmental factors that are damaging precious natural resources and harming Americans quality of life. Large issues such as water, air and land pollution, the depletion of the ozone layer, and the steady rising of average temperatures ravage the planet and are strongly correlated with dying species and the destruction of ecosystems.  For this reason, I am hopeful that progress will be made in the future to pass measures into law that ensure greater protection of the environment. Members from both sides of the aisle must come together to provide bipartisan and safe solutions to address immigration while considering the finite natural resources of our nation. As your elected official, please know I am dedicated to protecting life on earth whether it be our species who are at risk of endangerment, or citizens who hope for a better life.
As immigration continues to be a leading topic in our current political climate, please rest assured that I will continue to keep your views in mind throughout the 116th Congress.  I believe that our borders must be secure while remaining sensitive to the desire of immigrants to reside within the U.S.  Immigrants improve the U.S. economy, reduce labor shortages, and contribute to the diversity of our great nation. Although not perfect, immigrants must come to the U.S. through current legal pathways. I look forward to working with members within my own party, and across the aisle to support border security initiatives and common-sense immigration reform.
Again, I thank you for sharing your views with me. I hope you will continue to give me the benefit of your opinion in the future. In addition, I encourage you to visit my web site at http://davidscott.house.gov, where you can view the latest news and obtain information on issues and legislation that is important to you. You can also sign up for my electronic newsletter, and receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington. Thank you again for contacting me, and I look forward to continuing to serve you.
Sincerely,
David Scott
Member of Congress
Mr. Scott has been saying for years that he supports  controlling immigration, including the border. I have yet to see a vote supporting the wall, or ANY viable alternative. My belief is that electronic surveillance of borders is only useful as a support system to a fortified wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.