Friday, July 29, 2011

Response From Congressman David Scott

From the ever gracious DGJ..... 
typical non answer from the windbag Scott... The only tax reform he's behind is to raise them
From: Congressman David Scott [mailto:imaga13@mail.house.gov]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 12:00 PM
Subject: Response From Congressman David Scott

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

Thank you for contacting me regarding tax legislation. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me. The opinions and concerns of my fellow Georgians are an essential component of my decision making process as a Member of Congress. 

I understand your views about tax legislation and your strong support for comprehensive tax reform. I agree, drastic changes are indeed warranted for our current tax code.  As you know, Congressman Rob Woodall introduced H.R. 25, the Fair Tax Act of 2011.  This bill would repeal the income tax, employment tax, estate and gift tax, as well as re-designate the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as the Internal Revenue Code of 2011.  It would impose a national sales tax on the use or consumption in the United States of taxable property or services. The Fair Tax Act of 2011 would also grant states the primary authority for the collection of sales tax revenues and the remittance of such revenues to the treasury. Currently, H.R. 25, the Fair Tax Act of 2011 is pending within the House Committee on Ways and Means, of which I am not a member. However, please rest assured I will keep your views in mind as the House continues with its legislative agenda during the 112th Congress. 
As I mentioned, your input is vitally important to me.  I hope you will continue to give me the benefit of your opinion in the future.  Please be assured, I will keep your views in mind as the full House considers various issues in the 112th Congress.  Furthermore, I encourage you to visit my website at http://davidscott.house.gov where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you.  You may also sign up for my electronic newsletter and receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you.  Please feel free to contact us if we ever can be of further assistance to you or to share your concerns. 
Sincerely,
David Scott
Member of Congress
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.