Thursday, January 5, 2012

Best Quote?

I have made an effort lately to broaden my studies. Part of that change was to sign up for a daily mailing from the web site MoveOn.org.  For years I have heard pundits from the right and the left extol the power of this site.
So far, I do not see much more than unorganized ramblings of random Democrats.
The effect is no better than this junky blog.  Today's gem leads off with the tantalizing title.
The Best Quote About Democrats V. Republicans We've Seen Yet
So I follow the links and this brings me to a quote attributed to Barney Frank.  Barney, the matriarch of of male prostitutes with staff salaries (aka stiff pay).
Here is the quotation, dated 2-January-2012.
We're not perfect, but THEY'RE NUTS!
Though surely not the construct of the soon to be retired Representative, the quotation is coupled with a collage of Republican Presidential candidates.
This is SnagIt picture of the web page.


Now, I have a glimmer of understanding of my shortcomings as an author and an intellectual, but if this is the work of genius liberal soldiers, I have to question the ability of pundits to know difference between value and crap.
This is crap, childish crap.

Oh, as Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade says in Scent of a Woman,
And Barney, wherever you are out there, FUCK YOU TOO!

More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.