Sunday, December 15, 2013

Nelson K. Rodgers

Saw this story in the last Georgia Tech Alumni magazine.
As head of the undergraduate Industrial Engineering students, this man help me pick a career that has been stimulating and stable.  I grew up with another man who captained similar ships in the Navy of the 1950's, they were both great men for their service to our country.
Nelson, as all the ISyE students referred to him, was interesting when he described how sitting in a bar he and coworkers drew up the plans for the first container ships, he had all of our attention when he taught the major's ethics class.
This man made me feel at home academically when I probably did not deserve to be.
Thank you and rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.