Friday, December 13, 2013

The UN 2nd

John Kerry is such a douche bag, to sign a treaty that contradicts the Consitution should be judged as treason. Not only that the man had his goons cut in front of me at Logan.
An Obama stooge.
Letter received from one of my Senators in response to signing a pertition posted by Dick Morris.
Dear  Mr. Stathamadness:
Thank you for  your recent correspondence regarding the United Nations Small Arms Treaty.  Your taking ti me to contact me is appreciated, and I understand your concerns regarding its potential impact on the Second Amendment right s of law-abiding Americans.   
On December 6, 2006, the United Nations General Assembly adopted Resolution 89, which was developed as a new international treaty for the global trade in con ventional arms.  The resolution was adopted without the support of the United States under  President George W. Bush's Administration. 
The Obama Administration , in October of 2009, reversed this decision, and announced that the United States would support negotiations on the condition they were, "under the rule of consensus decision-making needed to ensure that all countries can be held to standards that will actually improve the global situation." 
Despite vocal opposition and a failure to reach that "consensus ," a term that implies common resolve by the U.N.'s 195 parties,   Secretary of State John Kerry signed the treaty on  September 24, 2013.     Fortunately ratification of the  agreement  would still require two-thirds of the Senate (67 Senators) to vote yes  
On multiple occasions, Senators from both sides of the aisle have stated their intention to vote against ratification.  Most recently, o n October 15, 2013,  I joined,  along  with 49 of my colleagues to submit a letter to President Obama reiterating our staunch opposition.  On March 23, 2013, 53 Senators voted for an Amendment that would block the U.S. from entering the Treaty.    Only 34 votes are needed to bock ratification.
The Secon d Amendment rights of American c itizens should not be  subordinate to an international agreement , no matter how well-intended .  To be sure, should a vote on ratification come before the full Senate, I will be voting no.
If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at:  www.chambliss.senate.gov   .  Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.