Friday, December 27, 2013

Raylan

Another of last year's Christmas gifts. Happy to say that I got another $50 gift card for Barnes & Noble and should be able to restock my ready to read pile.
Anyway, this is a book written by Elmore Leonard the includes the character used as the foundation for the Fx television series Justified. The show is entertaining and I had heard that Elmore Leonard had a cult following so we grabbed Raylan of of the bargain table. In checking up on the author I learned that he wrote 3:10 to Yuma which in the remake my cousin had the lead female role.
Written in a style that suits itself to television, Leonard's writing has a rapidly flowing pace, changing scenes often, sometimes with only a minimum of linkage, that being the main character, the gun slinging Federal Marshall Raylan Givens.  The main character has an abundance of country street sense that serves the man well his pursuit of murderous criminals and tainted women.
I enjoyed the short book, would read another, but would not make an effort to purchase another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.