Thursday, March 20, 2014

1964 Plymouth Barracuda

In 1978 I dated a girl that had a 1965 model, the car was was just a teenager itself at the time. The first of the pony cars; the Barracuda was a offspring of the Valiant.  Had a few good times in that car.  My father had a light green Valiant, distinctive looking by it rear trunk hood that had a tire stamped into it, that car was the biggest hunk of junk ever made and when it died my father had to pay someone to tow it off, it had that little value. This car was clean, well cared for with no adornments.  Not sure if the color is original but it looked so.


The lady who bought the car new came talked to me while I waited for lunch to be served, she and her husband apparently never sell cars, only buy; she still has the 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air that she bought new when she was 17 years old.


The picture of the Bel Air is copied from Wikipedia. My favorite car ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.