Sunday, March 30, 2014

More Senatorial BS

About two months ago Senator Chambliss sent me a letter explaining how he was voting for a bill that regulated the manner of tracking devices placed by manufacturers in new automobiles. You returning readers can access my comments then in the blog.
Now we have another letter from Georgia's other Senator, same old crap.
Dear Mr. Who Cares What Your Name Is:Thank you for contacting me regarding the Driver Privacy Act. I appreciate hearing from you and I am grateful for the opportunity to respond.I am currently a cosponsor of the Driver Privacy Act, S.1925. This bill was introduced by Senator John  Hoeven (R-ND) on January 14, 2014, and it was referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.  Among other provisions, this legislation declares that any data in an event data recorder required to be installed in a passenger motor vehicle is the property of the owner or lessee of the vehicle in which the recorder is installed, regardless of when the vehicle was manufactured.   I will keep your thoughts and concerns in mind should this bill come before me on the Senate floor.Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpage at  http://isakson.senate.gov/ for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my  e-newsletter .  Sincerely,Johnny IsaksonUnited States Senator
The Driver Privacy Act is a contrivance created by politicians designed to make Senators look like they are fighting for citizens rights while they are in fact infringing on the very rights they propose to protest.  It is dishonest in its labeling, deceptive in its design, and shameful in it retention.
Chambliss is resigning.
I will vote for anybody by Johnny Isakson in the future, and not just for this bullshit.
The devices should be against the law, not allowed to be installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.