Wednesday, December 9, 2015

American President

Sometimes I have had the thought hat Barack Obama sees himself in the role played by Michael Douglas in the aforementioned movie.
President Andrew Shepherd:

The other piece of legislation is the crime bill. As of today, it no longer exists. I'm throwing it out. I'm throwing it out writing a law that makes sense. You cannot address crime prevention without getting rid of assault weapons and handguns. I consider them a threat to national security, and I will go door to door if I have to, but I'm gonna convince Americans that I'm right, and I'm gonna get the guns. 
Voters See Terrorism, Not Guns, As Main Issue In San Bernardino Attack
Our president, like the fictitious man in the movie sees himself as morally superior, as a more actor on the stage of social justice. He is not on either point, the simple misrepresentation of ACA to attain passage is proof enough of cloaked sinister objectives.
What the President fails to grasp, or elects to ignore, is that the 2nd Amendment is wrapped up the fabric of society of a majority of Americans. The right to self defense reaches well past the demonized NRA. Ownership of firearms is understood as means of personal protection from both criminals and the government. To keep trotting out the same blame mantra ruins the foundation of the core message.
A government that has proven it will not protect citizens rights, asks its citizens to trust what they coin as "common sense". Every person knows, on both the left and the right, that "common sense" for the left is always the next step of restriction. After all, is not their goal the elimination of personally owned firearms?
Here we have a poll that shows fully 2/3 of respondents assigning cause to something other than what the President said. I think the respondents are right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.