Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Victims Fights for Right to Self Defense

A pragmatic person learns how to avoid previous problems.
Shayna Lopez-Rivas was raped and has been fighting for an expansion of Florida' Stand Your Ground laws.  She wants the right to carry a legal firearm on her FSU campus.
"It's my right to self-defense," 
"It's my choice. That is my choice. I'm not advocating for other people who don't want firearms that they need firearms to protect themselves, but for me, I know for a fact that if I had a gun, I would not have been raped."
Open carry, guns on campus bills pass FL Senate committees
In the different published articles on this topic, I find this woman, this victim, to be reasoned and strong willed.
Of course the linked article pays homage both sides of the argument, quotes are offered from relatives of the Virginia Tech tragedy. A major omissions from that was that the state had laws that prohibited firearms on public campuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.