Friday, November 13, 2009

Suzanne Fields: Deaf Ears, Dumb Voters

A couple of weeks ago I ate dinner with a couple of alumnus fraternity brothers. One of whom is Jewish, both of whom have always been firm liberals. In this visit I brought up the subject of a John Bolton editorial on Israel and its description of the lack of support within the Democratic hierarchy for that country. The response that I got, from a person that I consider to be much smarter than myself, was that John Bolton was an idiot.

In my dumb mind, I don't get it.

It has been obvious, at least to me, the disconnect between Americans of the Jewish faith, staunch Democratic liberals, and party leadership. If Israel is an important issue to them, they are in the wrong camp. From their voting pattern a person could conclude that for American Jews, Israel’s sovereignty carries a lower priority than domestic policy. 
Click the linked file for a good article for a by Suzanne Fields, also linked at the title.

Suzanne Fields


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.