Thursday, February 12, 2009

It Don't Make No Cents At All

50 years ago today, on February 12, 1959, the penny design changed from the back side having two ears of wheat, to having an image of the Lincoln Memorial. Insignificant, I guess, have always had a thing about saving the one cent coins.
As kid I managed with a paper route, sometimes paid in pennies , I collected wheat leaves. By the time I went away to college, had collected more than $20.00 worth, all gathered in an Almeden wine bottle.
It took me a few years to notice that they were gone. One of my brothers cashed the coin in, I presume to purchase some dope. Pissed me off pretty good.

Also on this day, just ten years ago, the US Senate voted to acquit President Bill Clinton.
Pissed me off even more...
To watch those gloating assholes on the White House lawn, proud of saving their Philanderer in Chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.