Monday, February 15, 2010

Freddy Falstaff

I was sitting in an ancient Fernandina Beach bar two weekends ago when I looked up at the wall to my right and saw a familiar face.  Years ago, in my fraternity days we had two lamps, promotionals from Falstaff beer, one faced left and the other faced right.  We gave them the names Freddy and Frederick (pronounced FREE der ick) Falstaff.  If I remember right Freddy faces to his right.

Oh the things you come up with when you drinks lots of cheap beer.
Freddy didn't last too long, he was ceramic, and had a chippy personality.

An excellent bar by the way.  At the door there was a lifesized pirate, some sort of theme I guess, the bikers seemed to like it.

When I was young, bikers scared the shit out me, they were at least 6 foot 4 and 300 pounds, and looking to intimidate.  Now they are all the grey haired affluent types that carry around their own pre-moistened toilet wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.