Monday, February 8, 2010

Murtha

I have been out of the house for a long weekend in Florida, took the bride horseback riding on the beach.

The news told me that Representative Murtha passed, my first thought is that I hope this man suffered.
For that I am embarrassed.
Looking at the links on my page to site that I enjoy reading, it seems that other had more honesty in expressing their anger.

In 2005 Murtha acheived stardom in the democratic party by publically denouncing then President Bush's war plans.  In  this loftly esteem he was portrayed as a military expert because of his record as a Vietnam veteran.  What he was was an edge to the knife that the liberals were searching for.
To give him credit Jack Murtha was the first Vietnam veteran to be elected to Congress.  While we are giving credit, he was was also unabashadly proud of his title "The King of Pork", in his long service this representative bought home the goods.  He was also touched in the FBI's ABSCAM investigation, having been recorded on tape discussing transactions with undercover agents posing as potential sources of payola. The man was probably dirty but it could not be proven.

I am sorry for his family and friends, nobody deserves loss like that.
I am happy for the country, nobody deserves selfishness like that.
By nobody, I mean us.

If you want to see nasty, jump over to Gotta Get Drunk First.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.