Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sex Pistols Neocon

First saw this in the National Review and then later in this Jeffery Goldberg post on the The Atlantic site.
Some musicians have canceled performances in Israel, not Johnny Rotten.
The former lead singer, John Joseph Lydon, of the punk band Sex Pistols said....

"I really resent the presumption that I'm going there to play to right-wing Nazi jews. If Elvis-fucking-Costello wants to pull out of a gig in Israel because he's suddenly got this compassion for Palestinians, then good on him. But I have absolutely one rule, right? Until I see an Arab country, a Muslim country, with a democracy, I won't understand how anyone can have a problem with how they're treated."
I think that the characterization of sudden compassion is appropriate. If this action were true to Costello's core, the performances never would have been scheduled. No we all know that when some people started whispering in his ear that Israel is not cool he waffled out. Not surprising for a progressive lemming incapable of recognizing where the evil is in the middle east.
Not withstanding the poor combination of words "right-wing Nazi jews" speaks directly to my feelings about the middle east. Over there the ones with the bombs strapped to their bodies killing innocents are the same ones always crying foul.
Good for you Johnny Rotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.