Monday, October 20, 2008

Red Sox Loose

Last night the Rex Sox lost game seven of the ALCS, 3 to 1.
Growing up in Connecticut, our family of six was divided down the middle by the Yankees and the Red Sox. Bucky Dent's home run and Lou Pinella's deke at the wall were things of beauty. Later after I went to college and became a fan of GT, Bruce went to Boston at Northeastern. When the Sox drafted Nomar, Bruce and I had long talks about Jason being a better fit. As it turned out, the Red Sox ended up with both. In that time I slowly adopted the Braves as my favorite team and the Sox gained the edge over the Yankees, maybe because of Wholer's t-ball to that turd of a catcher for the Yankees.
Baseball was the thing that Bruce and I always enjoyed talking about, something we were the same on, as fans of the game. Since last October baseball has been hard to watch. The 2007 series seemed like a fitting finish, and I hoped for the same this year, I hoped it would end that way for forever more. The way he would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.