Saturday, October 4, 2008

Register to Vote

Today, a man that I know told me that he just registered to vote.
This man has always lived in the Georgia, so at age of 50 he has never voted in a government election. Thirty years ago when I became eligible to vote in an off election year, I registered to vote so that I could participate in a town election. It is inconceivable to me that one would not make themselves eligible.
The statement drew my obvious question as to why he did register.
The answer: To vote against Barack Obama.
This was the first time that I've experienced in the state of Georgia, what might be described as the inception of a conservative-racist backlash voter registration drive. The most common observation I've had, for years, and on dozens of occasions, was women recruiting teenagers, blacks and Hispanics to vote, the presumption being that they would vote the democratic ticket. Just last weekend as I walked into Walmart, there was a registration drive going on. The ladies made no attempt to talk with me, probably because of my age, but have no doubt that voter registration drives are better described as "democratic voter registration".
Why do think the ACLU and democrat politicians fight against voters being required to submit identification? Because their influence within the realm of experienced voters is in constant decline. They need to either cheat to maintain equal footing or recruit naive newcomers.
The democrats project themselves as the protector of the unfortunate and enemy of those who have succeeded financially. This irritates people that work and pay taxes, these people who contribute more to the business of both the country and government are portrayed as if they are undeserving of comfort or possession.
Picture was shamelessly stolen from the Grouchy Old Cripple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.