Friday, June 11, 2010

Paul Is Dead

Have always been a John Lennon fan, many Beatle fans tend to choose sides between John or Paul.  My boss is a huge, huge Paul McCartney fan.  The following may convince him otherwise....
First off, this earns Mr. Silly Little Love Songs AHOTW honors.  Why is it that every artist feels compelled to make some comment about how stupid GW Bush is?  Any practical person knows that the opposite is true, that this opinion in itself shows ignorance and a willingness to degrade for the sake of laughter. 
"It's a fantastic honor for the Gershwin family to give me this incredible and for me to be awarded it by the Library of Congress.  In fact, after the last eight years, it's great to have a president who knows what a library is."
To pile on and parse the quotation, Mr. Yeah Yeah Yeah is such an egomanic that he told the Gershwin family that they should be so blessed as to give him an award.  Now I understand what he meant, but that is not what he said. Then followed up by a slap at our President?  AHOTW for you.

4 comments:

  1. John Lennon was a Marxist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he was, but I liked his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's a stretch, but some liked Joseph Goebbels as well. It's all in the spin of the message...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this same conversation with Adam Sharp a week ago... I get your point, Paul is an ass sucking jerk!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.