Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Who Are You?

North Carolina 2nd district congressman Bob Etheridge slaps at and grabs a person trying to question his coherence to Obama policies.
He offered this apology...
Have no doubt that he regrets his reaction to a mildly provocative question. Etheridge does manage to include the line about "intrusive and partisan" politics which is weasel talk for 'the little bastard is probably a Republican and his question pissed me off'.  Etheridge regrets that he was caught on camera, he has no respect for the person who asked the question and shows it in his physical abuse.
"I have seen the video posted on several blogs. I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved. Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina, I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints with respect. No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response. I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse."

If a Republican had done this to Helen Thomas, he would be censured on the House floor, and arrested by the DC police for assault.

Here is the video...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.