Thursday, December 31, 2009

Things I Am Thankful For This Year

In 2009 these things made me happy....
  • Marie just keeps chugging along, celebrating her 93rd birthday this past August.
  • Mom helped select a new preacher for her church.
  • My wife has arranged and assisted for the care of her mother in a way that less stressful.
  • The bride and thoroughly enjoyed Katie's wedding in New Orleans LA.
  • I enjoyed another Katie's wedding in Madison WI.
  • My father has successfully emerged from his bout with collapsed lungs, has stopped smoking and is as vital as ever.
  • My son remains a student in good standing at Georgia Tech.
  • My mother enjoyed an extensive safari trip to Africa, with dad.
  • Tyrus has managed to loose 85 pounds and now has the same pants size as me.
  • My father built 20 folding Adirondack chairs for his church fundraiser.
  • Scott had his daughter move in within him in Tampa.
  • Samantha graduated high school and started college at Ohio State.
  • My other brother and family has made the home in New Hampshire their own
  • I bought my own present for my upcoming 50th birthday, a 1953 Chevrolet pickup truck
  • Connie has won the battle with ATT, patiently waiting through lousy non-service.
  • Hollis has beaten breast cancer.
  • My son worked in my plant this past summer, hard physical labor, earning respect from a group that doesn't do so easily.
  • Amy is beating breast cancer.
  • Thomas grows every day to be more and more like his father.
  • Connie and I enjoyed two trips to visit Jane at Nags Head and Virginia Beach.
  • CB enjoyed her birthday present, a weekend trip to Elizabeth Pointe in Amelia Island.
  • Connie enjoyed her weekend trip to NYC with Pat, Annie and Callie.
  • Ted gave Connie the best Christmas gift possible.
  • Annie has moved up to middle school, and is still manages to be patient with her brother.

This is longer than I thought it would be.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love. Serious, even disagreeable comments are not moderated.